ZION FRIENDS ANTI AIDS CLUB
WO WE ARE
Zion friends Anti Aids Club is a youth-led registered community based, charitable, not for profits and non governmental organization. I was founded in 2008 and dully registered in 2009 under registration number CBO/156 with the district local government community development department. It operates in Kasese district western Uganda.
The establishment of this Club was of for the purpose to address community based projects in areas of health, sustainable agriculture, and environment, HIV and AIDS, education, human rights and life skills development.
The Club works towards directing its support to the community of people living with HIV and AIDS, the youth, women and children who are its target population. On that not therefore, the following are the Club’s activities.
- Life skills training
- Facilitating trainings on environmental health and natural resource management.
- Conducting trainings on sustainable agriculture.
- Supporting and facilitating community training on reproductive and child health
- Rising community awareness on HIV and AIDS prevention through mass-media and drama.
- Human rights advocacy.
- Educational support for the vulnerable youth, women, children and people living with HIV and AIDS.
To advocate, strengthen and supplement on the efforts of the youth, women, children and people living with HIV and AIDS through training in areas of health, sustainable agriculture, and environment, HIV and AIDS, education, human rights and life skills development.
An increased awareness on human rights, HIV/AIDS and economically empowered society where children, youth and women trough training effect appositive change towards economic and community development.
- To training women, youth and OVCs in job creation initiatives so as to be self reliant.
- To encourage women, youth and children to participate in economic development, natural resources management and environmental conservation.
- To facilitate trainings on sustainable agriculture and further encourage women and youth to participate in agricultural initiatives for self support, nutrition, commercial purposes and improved health.
- To create HIV/AIDS and human rights awareness in the community and empower HIV and AIDS orphaned children, youth, women and these living with HIV/AIDS and further encourage them to participate in economic activities for income realization and improved health.
Internal (Kasese district, Uganda)
- Elia Foundation for Community Development (EFCO-DEV)
For inquries, questions, and many other thinngs you would like to ask about us, please contact us at;
ZIONFRIENDS ANTI AIDS CLUB P.O.BOX 455 KASESE, UGANDA, EAST AFRICA, TEL: +256-753-768749. E-MAIL: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org